Friday, July 29, 2011

Olivia Danielle Fanning

If you are my friend on FB, I'm sure you are laughing right now. 

Late Friday morning, I took the kids out to meet my Mom for lunch at Chick Fil-A.  She was leaving for Vegas on Sunday, and didn't think Olivia would be here before hand.  Afterwards, we did a little shopping at Kohls with my Mom.  We said good bye, and I went on my usual grocery errands.

We got back around 4:30 and got the groceries put away.  As usual, I was pooped.  I'd taken both kids with me, and we were out all day.  I figure, we're gonna do leftovers tonight because Tim was at work.

Tim got home around 7, or just before, and brought us dinner.  Yum!  But I just couldn't get comfortable.  However, didn't think anything of it, because it didn't feel any different than the way I felt for the past month or so.

Around 8, I am just not a happy camper, so I told Tim to put Nathan down to bed for me, and I was went to our room to lay down.  Within 10-15 minutes, I was in some pain - not BAD, and not regular.  Didn't think I was in labor.  Tim had come into check on me, and I said I'm in pain, but it's nothing regular.  He calls his parents to be on alert in case we needed them to come over.  Thank the Lord, they were just 5 mins. away doing security for VBS.  Another 10 or so, and the pain is BAD, not regular, but it HURTS.  So I try getting into a bath Tim had started for me, and I could barely move.  Tim calls his parents again to COME NOW.

We get to the parking lot, Tim parks, I can't move.  The Lord was really looking out for us because we had a space right up front, and all I had to do was cross over to the other side of the curb and we'd be in the entrance.  Thankfully, a nurse saw us, and ran back in to get a wheelchair.  At this point, I really didn't think I'd make it and was about to tell Tim to just carry me in, when I look up and see a wheelchair. 

I tell the nurse I am feeling pressure, and she says, "Alright, here we go!"

Honestly, it did not feel like I was in the bed for 15 minutes, and I was holding Olivia.  A wonderful batch of nurses had to deliver her, as the doctor wasn't able to get to my room in time. 

I definitely am not going to become a natural birth advocate, but I have to say, it was not as bad as all the horror stories told to me.  I think the part that "traumatized" me the most was how fast everything was.  ONE hour.  I certainly didn't think it was possible.

When the doctor came in, he nicknamed us "Fast and Furious."  I don't think I'll be able to watch that movie the same way again, lol.

At birth, she weighed 7lb 5oz, and 19 1/2 in. long.  At discharge, she was 7 lb 1/2 oz.  Today at her newborn check up, she weighed in at 7lb 12 oz, and 20 1/4 in. long!  She is a growing baby!

All in all, the Lord was watching over us.  Olivia came exactly when she was supposed to, and had His hand on the whole situation.  I am so thankful to be able to hold her.

Olivia is such a good baby.  I was expecting to be up all hours of the night, nursing her.  She is such a content little baby.  The last time I nurse her is 1, and I go to bed.  She wakes up to nurse around 5, goes back to sleep (and so do I).  From then on, she'll nurse about every 3 hours.  I just love her to pieces.  It is so strange that all this love from anticipating her arrival just suddenly explodes.

Natty and Nathan LOVE her.  Natty ALWAYS wants to hold her and see her, and kiss her, and love on her, etc...  Each time Olivia isn't where Nathan last saw her, he goes, "Uh Oh!!!  La-La?"  (He can't say Olivia yet, and calls her La-la, it's so adorable!

I feel so incredibly blessed, and so undeserving of this precious gift.

1 comment:

Krystle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a story!