Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Nathan!!!

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!!!!!  Time time, two years ago, your Daddy and I were patiently waiting for you to come.  I had to go in to be induced that morning.  I was so excited to get to finally hold you.  You were my little surprise.  I have always wanted to have children, but your Daddy and I never really planned out when after we had your sister, Natty.  Surprise, the day AFTER I had to have a root canal done, ON Halloween, the next evening, I found out about you!  I was beyond excited, and am still excited everyday to watch you grow into a young boy.

Some of the things I love MOST about you...
- You love cuddling with me in the morning, and when you just wake up from your naps.
- You give me the best bear hugs.
- I love that you are so excited to see me when I come home from work.
- You are an excellent helper with the dishes and laundry.
- You have my brown eyes.
- Your love for CARS and Spiderman.
- Your love for bugs and creepy-crawlies.
- Your sense of freedom and "care-free"-ness (You know NO fear at this point.)
- Your playful heart.


I could go on, and on, and on....  God knew how very happy you would make me, and blessed me with you at just the perfect time.  You have added so much to our family.  I am so excited to see you grow into your role as Big Brother to Olivia.  You are already an excellent son to your Daddy and I, and an awesome brother to Natty.

My prayer for you is that you know how much Jesus loves you.  I pray that your Daddy and I will be a good example to you of how to follow after Jesus.  Your name, Nathan Joel, means the Lord God provdies, and I pray that you come to have a saving faith and trust in Jesus, and come to experience and know just how much God loves you and provides for all your needs - just as your life has very fun filled a need in our family's lives.  Thank you for who you are Nathan, I love you so very much, and I thank the Lord EVERYDAY you are in my life.

2 comments:

Candie said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you. We love you and miss you!

Kevin, Candie, Curtis, Lauren, and Claire

nicole said...

Wonderfully sweet from a loving mama. Make sure that he reads it someday!